10.27.2011

The GGA Project -- Day #319 "Dublin Nightlife"

I so wish I were talking about Dublin, Ireland.


But no.


I'm talking about Dublin, CA., where nothing much at all happens after 9pm.  At least I didn't think so, until I went exploring this evening.


The goal was to go for a late night slide on the big mondo pumpkin patch slide I encounter on Monkey's birthday, then to see if there was any decent place open late besides the Starbucks that was a few more miles away where my friend Neal and I could sit and talk.


After a quick Yelp search, it seemed the best prospect lie in what became


Today's New Activity: Rollin' with the Oldies at Gallagher's Dublin Pub


We walked in (after what I would have to say was way too hard a time finding the place.  It was as if this place didn't want to be found!) to what was a pretty cool *looking* place, with a very odd, almost lifeless vibe.  The music was nearly inaudible and the old men sitting around the bar were just a little too interested in us when we walked in.  I don't know.  Something about the whole thing just felt off.


But we decided to stay and make the best of it, and it turned out to be a pretty nice time.  Can't say I'm dying to return to Gallagher's, but I guess it's good to know of the option(?)

No comments:

Post a Comment