10.09.2011

The GGA Project -- Day #303 "Lonely Mexican"

Wow.  So today I was having the MOST RIDICULOUS craving for Mexican food.  I'd just driven all the way to San Jose with no plan whatsoever about what to do, but about midway down there I started daydreaming about Mexican food and it was one of those things that I thought I'd faint before I had the chance to satisfy.


The problem was that I was in a part of town where I didn't know of any Mexican restaurants (and really what I was looking for was a hole-in-the-wall taqueria.  I passed 3 Baja Fresh-like places before I saw a glimmer of hope in a little place attached to a Super 8 Hotel...a sign that said, simply, "Mexican Food."


Today's New Activity: Super 8 Mexi-feast


Apparently I was the only person who found this prospect promising, because this was the scene:




But I was surprised it was the scene because they served a lot of very traditional seafood caldos (stews) and other things you don't find at places like Chevy's or El Torito.  Three more table were full soon enough, all with Spanish-only speaking customers, so it would seem my choice was a lucky one. 


This is what I got:




Haysoose Kristo!  They didn't have a vegetarian "wet burrito" option, so when I asked for one I fully expected bean and cheese simplicity, but this mother was loaded with super tasty grilled fajita veggies, rice, cheese, beans, sour cream and avocados.  And it was pretty freaking good.


Of course it was a bit overwhelming, so I took half of it home for dinner.  Nice to spend $5.95 and eat for a whole day!

No comments:

Post a Comment