7.27.2011

The GGA Project -- Day #228 "How Many Northern Californians Does it Take to Screw in a Lightbulb?"

Because here's the thing, people:


The only thing more wonderful than being on the road is returning home, right?


And I have come to realize that, although I love all the places I've lived for different reasons, Northern California is the place that I have really come to think of as home.  It's been more than 12 years since I moved here, and I can hardly imagine living anywhere else.


In honor of recognizing this feeling and in the spirit of celebrating it, I decided to go ahead and represent.


Today's New Activity: Buying My First Ever Bumper Sticker


I'm sort of philosophically opposed to bumper stickers.  The idea of trying to tell who I am and what I'm about via bumper sticker is really annoying to me.  And yet...


I love the whole Nor*Cal thing.  If you're not from the area, you're probably not aware of the way in which Northern Californians have come to identify themselves or the chosen symbol, which is a nautical star.




As proof of how NorCal I truly am, I've dropped the "the" from in front of the freeway numbers (SO SoCal to say "The 101" and "The 880"), and I've even let a certain word slip into my vernacular every now and then...a very special and unique and yes, ridiculous word, which can be THE ONLY POSSIBLE ANSWER to the question that makes up this post's title.


So then...how many Northern Californians does it take to screw in a lightbulb?


Answer:  Hella.


Of course.

1 comment:

  1. omg. you used to say "the 880"? that's like saying the google.

    ReplyDelete