1.15.2011

The GGA Project -- Day #35 "Dirty Work"

I guess yesterday's linoleum-laying project was considered qualification enough for my Dad to request my help with

Today's New Activity: Installing a Toilet

The old toilet in the guest bathroom wasn't horrible, but the water ran a little too often, a little too long, so it was time to replace it.  I learned more than I ever thought I would about toilets and toilet removal and toilet installation today, which, again, is good know how for the future.

Out with the old.  Yeah...all the way out to the front lawn




Then time for the lovely task of scraping the sealant off the floor and the wax seal from around to poohole (technical term you don't really need to bother yourself with).  I spared the gunky stages from photography, but I *did* think you might like to know what's there, under your toilet:


Hmmm, it's so brilliantly simple.

Thankfully this project was not too complicated and only required a little extra time than expected because my Dad had to bore new holes in the floor to get the above screws out.  Other than that...easy breezy.  Lemme know if you are in the market for a new toilet because I am your woman!  And I'll charge $5 an hour less than your favorite contractor on account of the possibility I may just do something to cause a toxic geyser to bust out in your bathroom.  Hey, give me a break....I'm NEW to this!!

Dirty work out of the way, I'm free to enjoy the rest of the day.  I had time to take Chupi to the Slide Park, where he went up and down and up and down and wowee, what fun!  And on the agenda for

Today's (2nd) New Activity: A Show at Glen Park Station in SF

From what I can tell, Glen Park Station is a dive(y) bar where my new friend Liz's friend is playing as part of what's billed as the Acoustic Triathlon.  It looked interesting when I saw the event in my Facebook sidebar, so I decided to invite myself along.  I've never been to this bar, and when I think of it have been to very few venues at all in The City.  Plus, I've as yet not had the chance to hang out with Liz aside from at the party where I met her, so I'm super excited about tonight all the way around.  More on that later, perhaps.

Happy, beautiful Saturday, y'all!



1 comment: