8.15.2011

The GGA Project -- Day #247 "Sweet Breakfast"

I woke up at 5:30 this morning without a hope of falling back to sleep.  I don't know why this happened, but I just decided to go with it.  First I caught up on most of the blogging I'd missed over the weekend.  Then I went back to my room to wake up my son.  After all that quiet in the morning, I was missing him and wanted him to wake up.

While we were lying in my bed reading books, it occurred to me that what this morning needed was cake.

Today's New Activity: Early Morning Baking Session



I thought I had a mix for coffee cake in the cupboard, which is what I was going to make, but it turned out I didn't.  Instead, I decided to make the one mix I did have on hand, which was devil's food.  And I mixed in some chocolate chips and some coconut.  And I frosted it with white, whatever *that* flavor is (because it doesn't say...I looked).  But it tastes good, so who cares?


I don't wanna say this was a wake-n-bake, because that's something different entirely, but when you wake up and you want to bake, you should definitely go for it :)


No comments:

Post a Comment