6.14.2011

The GGA Project -- Day #185 "Worth Its Weight in Clay?"

On the hunt for a costume for my friend Denise's Nintendo-themed karaoke birthday party (Happy Birthday, Denise!), I was looking for a respectable thrift store in Fremont.  I wanted to go on my lunch since I am short on time to find this costume, but I wasn't familiar with any thrift stores near my work.


Today's New Activity: Strike Out at Thrift Town


Posing the question to my long-time-Fremont-resident coworker led me to Thrift Town, a large well-stocked spot about 2 miles away.  I've written before about my love/disgust/mostly love relationship with life's second hand peddlers, and there was nothing particularly worthy of comment about this place.


I was looking for a big pink poofy dress that I could wear with a tiara and go as Princess Toadstool (who, it seems, is actually called Princess Peach...which I find strange given that when you rescue her at the end of Super Mario Brothers the game refers to her as Princess Toadstool).


But anyway, I didn't find a suitable dress.  Or a suitable anything really, save this framed (framed!) picture of Clay Aiken from Bop magazine.




At $3.99 I can't tell if this is highway robbery on the part of Thrift Town or a steal on this year's family gag Christmas gift exchange.


And that is all.

1 comment:

  1. i hope you bought it and wrapped it up for a poor unsuspecting soul! what a fun and charming human pastime. you must take me to this "thrift town."

    ReplyDelete